Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tales from a Sunday Morning...

A.D. has been battling a viral upper respiratory illness since Friday and has definitely not been himself. He has morphed into a cranky, not eating, drooling baby. And I do mean drooling. We changed his shirt at least 3 times on Saturday and it probably should have been changed more. So the whole morning started off innocently enough when Tim wanted to go fishing just for the morning, I thought why not, I can catch up on some sleep while little man naps. That had to be one of the last sane thoughts that entered my mind until Tim came back at Noon.

A.D. did, bless his heart, take a great nap for a good hour which allowed me time to take a 30 minute nap that I was very glad to have taken especially as the morning unrolled. After his nap, A.D. finished his bottle (something he had not done since Friday morning) so I was extremely happy thinking that we had turned a corner. Oh, no. Promptly after finshing, a coughing fit began which ended with A.D. gagging himself and emptying his stomach of most of the bottle onto my somewhat clean floor. Hmmm, guess we'll try this again. I stripped him down to his diaper and debated momentarly what to do. The bathtub sounded like a good idea at the time. I mean, A.D. was dirty, it was clean and he loves a bath. If I knew then what I know now.

The bath started off great. Much splashing, giggling, and general happiness exuded into the room. Until I noticed, quite quickly, I had just witnessed another first of parenthood. The poop in the bathtub. Hmmm, quick thinking (not intellegent, just quick), had me pulling A.D. out of the tub before he decided to try to eat anything floating around. I drained the tub and allowed A.D. to stand beside the tub watching. After I had cleaned the majority of the tub, I realized that A.D. was now standing in a new puddle of more poop. He thought this was great though...using his feet to spread it around the floor and pulling the toys placed on the side for cleaning onto his new designs on the floor. OH, .... I am not a neat freak, but all of this grossed me out. So what do I do...

I decide to put back on his diaper and fill up the bathroom sink with water to wash him off. I should have known by now that my thinking today was always in error. No sooner did I have his feet and hands washed then he pulled himself, diaper and all into the sink to play.... Now, I have a utterly disguesting bathroom and a baby in the sink in a wet diaper, and for the record, no towel that I hadn't tried using yet. Ughhh. I decided to abandon the bathroom for his bedroom.

I think he must have picked up on my mood of utter helplessness because he decided that all he wanted to do from the time he was dried off and dressed was cry until Tim came home. I've never been so happy to see my husband come back from a fishing trip. The day should have quickly improved since this freed me up to Clorox the bathroom, but belatedly, I realized that Cloroxing a white floor only in one area is very noticable. Oh, well. That will have to wait for another day.

-- Tiffany

1 comment:

Sara said...

I think every kid does it once...