Monday, May 18, 2009

Trip to D.C. in Review...

Although the little man systematically gave everyone the plague (except for myself, I'm proud to say), we had a pretty good time up in Burke. Here are some of the highlights in photos...

For Mother's Day we had the whole family at the house, including all four of Poppy's Great-Grandchildren. Poppy's the big one in the middle, with Gregory on the left, Logan in the middle, and A.D. sitting on Randin's lap. It was about 4:30 and Poppy was hungry, so the photo session didn't last very long.



Tiffany, myself, Nana (my mom), and the little man got a tour of the Capitol. We were able to score a few PRESS passes, so we got to see much more of the building than normal. Of course this is in the rotunda, nothing special there other than a nice photo op...


We had the pleasure of meeting Sen. Pat Leahy (D-VT) down in the bowels of the Capitol right before he had to go do some "senator stuff." I didn't realize until later that my one chance at making an impression passed as I held a Coach purse in my left hand. I'm sure he thought it was lovely...


We had to leave the stroller behind while we were in the Capitol, but that didn't stop A.D. from crashing on Mommy...


On Thursday we met up with Matt & J, who were in town from Arizona, and took the kiddo to the zoo. Although A.D. isn't talking, I'm pretty sure some of the noises he makes are the native tongue of the Emu... So we met an emu, and they chatted for a while.


Mom took A.D. into the front yard for some photos. He's turning into a little ham, and is cheesing it up as soon as he sees the camera.


I got out my wooden blocks from when I was a little man. I'm pretty sure he jammed all 100 of them into his mouth at one time or another. Since they were blocks from when I was a kid, they probably are coated in lead, mercury, and PBA. I periodically check to make sure he hasn't grown a third eye.


Lastly, as Tiff mentioned in her last post, we finally have a couple teeth. Below is proof. Blow it up and look closely on the bottom row... I promise they are there.

No comments: